Cape Fear CREW
, the leading organization for women in commercial real estate in the Cape Fear region, is pleased to announce the fifth annual Awards of Excellence on February 16, 2023
at 11:00 AM at the Wilmington Convention Center in Wilmington, NC. We are now accepting nominations in the categories listed below.
The awards recognize excellence and leadership in commercial real estate throughout the Cape Fear Region, including the city of Wilmington and the counties of New Hanover, Brunswick, Pender, Onslow, Duplin, Sampson, Columbus and Bladen.
Cape Fear CREW welcomes submissions and nominations from both the public and Cape Fear CREW members
, along with their companies, business colleagues and partners. Nominating a company or submitting projects or deals for consideration is free
and the process is now open, with a deadline to submit of October 31, 2022
. Links to the nomination forms are located at www.capefearcrew.org/awards-of-excellence/
along with criteria for nominations in the categories of:
- Dealmaker Award, recognizing a person or team who demonstrated excellence, resourcefulness, collaboration and industry best practices while working on a successful transaction.
- Economic and Community Enhancement Award, honoring projects that promote economic development and/or enhance communities by improving quality of life and fostering the overall social and economic interest of those communities.
- Best Design Award, recognizing exceptional design and the intentional and impactful design decisions that were part of a project in the Cape Fear Region.
- Career Advancement for Women Award, recognizing a company or individual who consistently exemplifies Cape Fear CREW’s commitment to elevating the status of women by supporting the advancement of the careers of women and who has shown leadership in encouraging and promoting women within the leadership team. Nominees do not need to be Cape Fear CREW members or work within the commercial real estate industry.
- Best Development Award, recognizing a team who worked together on a development, major renovation, or redevelopment project in the Cape Fear Region that demonstrates excellence in functionality, aesthetics, environmental sensitivity and sustainability and relationship to surroundings.
In addition, there will be two awards nominated and voted on by the Cape Fear CREW Board of Directors:
- Impact Award, recognizing an individual or company who has consistently exemplified the traits of outstanding leadership in the commercial real estate industry and who has made a significant contribution to, and has had a significant positive influence on, the Cape Fear region’s commercial real estate industry.
- Beth Quinn Excellence Award, honoring a Cape Fear CREW member who has demonstrated exceptional dedication and outstanding contributions toward the success of Cape Fear CREW and exemplifies the values and spirit of the late Beth Quinn, a founder of the Cape Fear CREW Chapter and leader within the region’s commercial real estate industry.
Cape Fear CREW President, Karen Widmayer of KW Communications
, said, “The Cape Fear CREW Awards of Excellence is the only awards program in the region dedicated to recognizing the very best in commercial real estate design, vision, and execution and celebrates the leaders that have improved our regional built environment. We are excited to see what this year’s submissions show us in terms of how we are meeting the demand for both population and job growth in the Cape Fear region.” Questions about the awards can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Partnership opportunities are available for the 2023 Awards and include benefits to be used throughout the year at Cape Fear CREW events. Explore the options at www.capefearcrew.org/partnerships
About Cape Fear CREW and CREW Network
The Cape Fear chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), with more than 90 members from a wide array of commercial real estate interests, has as its mission to advance the success of women in commercial real estate. CREW Network is the affiliated national association which represents over 12,000 women in commercial real estate in chapters around the world. For more information on the Cape Fear chapter, including membership and partnership information, visit the Cape Fear CREW website at www.capefearcrew.org and follow us on Facebook @CapeFearCrew.