Wilmington, NC – October 1, 2019– Cape Fear CREW, the leading organization for women in commercial real estate in the Cape Fear region, is pleased to announce the second annual Awards of Excellence on February 27, 2020 at 11:00 AM at the Wilmington Convention Center. The awards recognize excellence and leadership in commercial real estate in the Cape Fear Region. Cape Fear CREW welcomes submissions and nominations from both the public and Cape Fear CREW members, along with their companies, business colleagues and partners. Nominating a company or submitting projects or deals for consideration is free and the process is now open, with a deadline to submit of December 13, 2019. Links to the nomination forms are located here along with criteria for nominations in the categories of:
- Dealmaker Award, recognizing a person or team who demonstrated excellence, resourcefulness, collaboration and industry best practices while working on a successful transaction.
- Economic and Community Enhancement Award, honoring projects that promote economic development and/or enhance communities by improving quality of life and fostering the overall social and economic interest of those communities.
- Best Interior Award, recognizing exceptional interior design and the intentional and impactful design decisions that were part of a project in the Cape Fear Region.
- Career Advancement for Women Award, recognizing a company or individual who consistently exemplifies Cape Fear CREW’s commitment to elevating the status of women by supporting the advancement of the careers of women and who has shown leadership in encouraging and promoting women within the leadership team. Nominees do not need to be Cape Fear CREW members or work within the commercial real estate industry.
- Creative Marketing Award, honoring a company, individual or team who has developed the most creative and effective advertising or marketing program to promote or feature commercial real estate, including projects, properties, transactions, public or private initiatives and/or commercial real estate services.
- Placemaking Award, recognizing a team who worked together on a development, major renovation, or redevelopment project in the Cape Fear Region that demonstrates excellence in functionality, aesthetics and relationship to surroundings.
In addition, there will be two awards nominated and voted on by the Cape Fear CREW Board of Directors:
- Impact Award, recognizing an individual or company who has consistently exemplified the traits of outstanding leadership in the commercial real estate industry and who has made a significant contribution to, and has had a significant positive influence on, the Cape Fear region’s commercial real estate industry, and the
- Beth Quinn Excellence Award, honoring a Cape Fear CREW member who has demonstrated exceptional dedication and outstanding contributions toward the success of Cape Fear CREW and exemplifies the values and spirit of the late Beth Quinn, a founder of the Cape Fear CREW Chapter and leader within the region’s commercial real estate industry.
Cape Fear CREW President, Connie Ronner of SunTrust noted, “We are excited to build upon the incredible success of our inaugural commercial real estate awards with an additional category recognizing transactions along with all of the awards launched last year that recognize excellence in commercial real estate in our region. We look forward to receiving suggestions and submittals that showcase the exciting projects and initiatives reflecting both our growth and the manner in which we achieve it.” Questions about the awards can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cape Fear CREW thanks its committed Partners for 2020, including:
Presenting Partner: Live Oak Bank
Platinum Partner: Logan Homes
Award Partner: SunTrust, BlueSky Restoration, MoMentum Companies
Parking Partner: Wade Associates
Gold Partners: The Braddock Group LLC, Greater Wilmington Business Journal, Realtors Commercial Alliance, Southern Sign Company, Withers Ravenel
Silver Partner: HDI Construction
Partnership opportunities remain available. Explore the options at www.capefearcrew.org/partnership.
About Cape Fear CREW and CREW Network
The Cape Fear chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), with more than 50 members from a wide array of commercial real estate interests, has as its mission to advance the success of women in commercial real estate. CREW Network is the affiliated national association which represents over 11,000 women in commercial real estate in chapters across more than 70 major markets in the United States and Canada.