Wilmington, NC – November 5, 2018 – Cape Fear CREW
, the leading organization for women in commercial real estate in the Cape Fear region, is pleased to announce its inaugural Awards of Excellence on February 28, 2019
at 11:00 AM at the Wilmington Convention Center. The awards will recognize excellence and leadership in commercial real estate in the Cape Fear Region. Nominations are FREE and are welcome from both the public and Cape Fear CREW members, along with their companies, business colleagues and partners. Nominations opened on November 1, 2018 and will close on December 20, 2018. Links to the nomination forms are located at www.capefearcrew.org
along with criteria for nominations in the categories of:
- Economic and Community Enhancement, showcasing the critical impact real estate development and public and private initiatives can have on our communities,
- Placemaking, recognizing a team for a development, major renovation, historic preservation or redevelopment project that demonstrates excellence in functionality, aesthetics and relationship to surroundings,
- Best Interior, recognizing an exceptional interior design project which has improved the overall aesthetics and functionality of its space, its marketability and/or the workplace/livability environment,
- Creative Marketing, honoring a company, individual or team who has developed the most creative and effective advertising or marketing program to promote or feature commercial real estate, including projects, properties, transactions, public or private initiatives and/or commercial real estate services, and
- Career Advancement for Women, recognizing a company or individual who consistently exemplifies Cape Fear CREW’s commitment to elevating the status of women by supporting the advancement of the careers of women and who has shown leadership in encouraging and promoting women within the leadership team. Nominees do not need to be Cape Fear CREW members or work within the commercial real estate industry.
In addition, there will be two awards nominated and voted on by the Cape Fear CREW Board of Directors:
- Impact Award, recognizing an individual or company who has consistently exemplified the traits of outstanding leadership in the commercial real estate industry and who has made a significant contribution to, and has had a significant positive influence on, the Cape Fear region’s commercial real estate industry, and the
- Beth Quinn Excellence Award, honoring a Cape Fear CREW member who has demonstrated exceptional dedication and outstanding contributions toward the success of Cape Fear CREW and exemplifies the values and spirit of the late Beth Quinn, a founder of the Cape Fear CREW Chapter and leader within the region’s commercial real estate industry.
Cape Fear CREW President, Elise Rocks
of JC Morgan Company noted, “We are thrilled to initiate the Cape Fear CREW Awards of Excellence, the first awards program in the Cape Fear Region that recognizes excellence in commercial real estate along with individual and organizational leadership in the advancement of women in careers throughout our business community. We look forward to receiving nominations that will showcase the exciting projects and initiatives being achieved in our region.” Questions about the awards can be directed to email@example.com
About Cape Fear CREW and CREW Network
The Cape Fear chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), with more than 50 members from a wide array of commercial real estate interests, has as its mission to advance the success of women in commercial real estate. CREW Network is the affiliated national association which represents over 11,000 women in commercial real estate in chapters across more than 70 major markets in the United States and Canada.